[dev] Re: [st] Bugs in scrollback buffer patch

From: Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 11:12:16 +0100

Alex Pilon <alp_AT_alexpilon.ca> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 01:08:14PM +0100, Roberto E. Vargas Caballero wrote:
>> > * You can scroll past the top line in the buffer. Fixed with the
>> > attached diff.
>>
>> You can push your changes to the wiki if you want.
>
> I will, and again when I fix those two other items. School priorities.
> Strake rebased the patch onto a more recent version of st and made a few
> bug fixes. I just fixed tabs and made the terminal not scroll back past
> the start.

There is still a bug that corrupts the last line when you are scrolled
up and output happens simultaneously. (I'm not familar with the code,
but it smells like an off-by-one to me.)

To Reproduce, run:

find / | fmt | head -500; while :; do echo -n foo bar baz; sleep 1; done

Then scroll up and see how the last line changes.

--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen_AT_gmail.com>  http://chneukirchen.org