Re: [dev] [surf] [patch] 13 patches from my Universal Same-Origin Policy branch

From: <noname_AT_inventati.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 19:26:36 +0000

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 09:03:49PM +0200, Antenore Gatta wrote:
> On 29/03/15 17:03:25, noname_AT_inventati.org wrote:
> > How about sending no UA at all?
> >

> Not sending a UA at all, makes your browser fingerprint uniq and not the other
> way around.
>
> Probably a safer solution is to have an array of (user's tailored) UAs and loop
> through them, but expect strange behaviours as highlighted by Dmitrij.

It is a short-term solution. This way all privacy-aware browsers are
spread across several largest anonymity sets instead of creating their
own. They do not even make available anonymity sets significantly
larger.

The long-term solution is to stop sending UA and convince others (Dillo
developers and TorBrowser first, addon developers and users second, major
browsers last) to do the same.