Re: [dev] [ls] reform ls

From: Lee Fallat <ircsurfer33_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 04:33:07 -0400

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 4:16 AM, Quentin Rameau <quinq.ml_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I noticed that ls didn't really behaved as stated by POSIX so I worked
> a little on that. Here are four patches, the second one introduce big
> changes, so I'll be glad if you could review it.
> Thanks!

Hey,

Just a question - have we (or you) considered creating programs that
add POSIX support to other programs, rather than implementing it right
into the program? For example, to support cat -v, instead of adding
code for the flag, we create another program to pipe through. Then you
create a tiny shell script to create a POSIX-compliant program.

Good job nonetheless.

Regards,

Lee