Re: [dev] [ls] reform ls

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 15:52:29 +0100

On 19 April 2015 at 15:47, Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com> wrote:
> That's why -r is to be ignored,
> and -lgnos may be ignored: because they are all problematic for that
> behaviour (e.g. because they require that the directory be preceded by
> a total block count).

To be clear, in my opinion -f should ignore -r and suppress the total
block count for -lgnos, and take a 'fast track' function where it just
prints directory entries as it encounters them, rather than reading
them all into memory and waiting until the end before (not) sorting
them and printing them all out at once. Otherwise why have the flag at all?

cls