Re: [dev] MIT/BSD licensed ELF linker?

From: <noname_AT_inventati.org>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 22:31:45 +0300

On Thu, Aug 06, 2015 at 07:50:30AM +0200, Anselm R Garbe wrote:
> I need to investigate further. But probably I will rather go with a
> static gold linked against glibc to produce smaller binaries and to be
> GPL compliant....

I do not understand what the problem is.

It is ok to compile GPL program (gold) with MIT licensed libraries
(musl). In this case you have a GPL licensed binary `gold'. You can use
it to link MIT licensed programs and get MIT licensed binaries as
output. How is it different from using GPLed compiler? BSD systems are
using GCC without any problems.