Re: [dev] Filtering HTML attachments

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 09:10:05 +0200

On Sun, 09 Aug 2015 21:41:45 +0200
Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:

> In our mission towards a more suckless world a small step to discuss is
> to filter HTML attachments to our mailinglists.
>
> Should attachments be stripped or offenders be blocked and warned?
> Are there still people that are not able to remove HTML from their MUA?

Yeah, remove them. Generally speaking, if people can't help but use
HTML-clients, the client itself will have both a HTML and plain-text
version sent to the receiver, so removing the HTML does not destroy
information.
Those who send HTML-mail only are doomed and should be banned.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>