Re: [dev] [sandy] [st] Title incorrectly shown if TERM=st

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 09:56:06 +0200

On Sun, Oct 04, 2015 at 01:45:58PM -0400, shua lloret wrote:
> When I try to run sandy with TERM set as any of st,st-16color,st-256color,
> the title line is not shown, and is instead printed out randomly to stdout
> as I try to insert text. This happens when running "TERM=st sandy" in rxvt,
> and does not happen when running "TERM=xterm sandy" in st.

Stop doing that. TERM variable is the way user can say to terminfo
which is the terminal he is using, and terminfo will use this
information to print the correct escape sequence for the user
terminal. If you lie to terminfo then you will have problems, like
the problem you are commenting here. If you are using st, then set
TERM to st, st-16color or st-256color, but if you are using rxvt
then you must not use them.