Re: [dev] sbase: od: bug report

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:26:21 +0100

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:00:54 -0400
Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu> wrote:

Hey Greg,

> Since there is no accompanying patch/fix, I am using dev rather than
> hackers.

thank you very much for this bug report! I still think this should be
on hackers_AT_ though.

> Command od doesn't seem to like multiple file arguments. See attached.

Looking into the issue, I found the following problem roughly at the
same time Dimitris did:

while (skip - addr) {

Normally, skip is 0, and on the first file, addr is 0 as well, so the
overflow issue was masked.
However, when od() was called with a second file, addr was > 0 and it
would enter the loop, resulting in all sorts of strangeness.
While at it, I fixed how od(1) prints out trailing addresses and lines.
This was broken beforehand, but rather trivial to fix.

Cheers

FRIGN

PS: You can find the fix in the staging-repo here:
http://git.2f30.org/sbase/commit/?id=e2ba8dd8de75bb370f080c25d24be8759fc56e02

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>