Re: [dev] [farbfeld] announce

From: v4hn <me_AT_v4hn.de>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 23:31:05 +0100

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 10:37:30PM +0100, FRIGN wrote:
> I'm very glad to announce farbfeld to the public, a lossless image
> format as a successor to "imagefile" with a better name and some
> format-changes reflecting experiences I made since imagefile has
> been released.

Congratulation, might be a step into the right direction
of handling image data.

> You may have already seen my talk at slcon2 about the topic[0].
> I carried on the idea of ditching the CIELAB-approach

Why? Do you consider the values to be sRGB then?
Do you consider sRGB to cover "enough" of the visible spectrum
for all intended use-cases of farbfeld?

> The largest image in existence is still 7 orders of magnitude
> smaller than the largest image possibly expressed in
> (2^32-1)x(2^32-1) pixels.

Now I'm curious. What do you consider to be ``the largest image in existence''?

v4hn