Re: [dev] [sent] 0.1 release

From: Joerg Jung <mail_AT_umaxx.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 23:28:47 +0100

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:47:39PM +0100, Markus Teich wrote:
> Joerg Jung wrote:
> > Have you compiled sent with address sanitizer as suggested in the link, or
> > enabled the malloc.conf J option on OpenBSD, as mentioned above?
>
> Heyho Joerg,
>
> sorry, I missed that point. Please check again, I just pushed a fix, which
> should work. I could not test it, since I don't have a BSD system and
> compilation with address sanitizer enabled failed (probably due to the required
> libs not being compiled with it). Let me know if it works now.

Nope. Same segfault (at same line) as before.
From quick view at the code, AFAIU the following leads to this:

- you have an empty file as input
- you call realloc() for one line (in load line 437)
- you strdup() "empty string" into the not existing first line (in line 441)
- you dereference this line memory later in getfontsize()

-> your load() is flawed, there is nothing you should realloc() or
   strdup(), it is an EMPTY input file without any lines