Re: mail technology [was: Re: [dev] c++ compiler that rocks]

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 19:08:56 +0100

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 19:04:19 +0100
hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> well, his concern is legit. not all terminals show 80 columns. i have
> one open right now that doesn't, so your rule is not all that matters
> on the internet. what's worse: some people send mails with more than
> 80 chars per line.
> this is also one of the few reasons i recommend people not to use pdf
> and sometimes would even favor a light version of html over pdf.

80 columns is a sane default. Why are you trying to keep a discussion
alive which has been dead for hours?
For source-code, I even go for 75 columns and try not to exceed this limit
by more than 3 columns. It's more of a biological thing, given we humans
can only scan a line up to a certain length comfortably.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>