Re: [dev] suckless bignum library

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 16:30:52 +0100

On Wed, 9 Dec 2015 23:44:11 -0800
Louis Santillan <lpsantil_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Are libtommath [0]/tomsfastmath [1] not suckless?
>
> [0] https://github.com/libtom/libtommath
> [1] https://github.com/libtom/tomsfastmath

too complex for my tastes, but don't get me wrong. I know that for
numerical perfection, you have to dig out very complex methods.
A good example here are ODE-solvers (Euler, Runge-Kutta,...).
I think a suckless bignum library should be much more lightweight.
In the end, we don't want to do simulations on big mainframes,
but just a library with just enough functions to get around with
to handle tasks like dc(1) and bc(1).

Cheers

FRIGN

--