Re: [dev] Mailing lists sucks.

From: Agathoklis D. Chatzimanikas <a.hatzim_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 03:47:27 +0200

On Sat, Dec 12, at 10:43 Anselm R Garbe wrote:
> Talking to people in the forest is the best approach, trust me.

Talking to the forest doesn't always helps to achieve proper communication,
trust me, I live in a forest.

> On 11 December 2015 at 21:09, Mattias Andrée <maandree_AT_kth.se> wrote:
> > Mailing lists also adds another complexity on top of an
> > already horridly sucking group of protocols.

I think there is nothing less complex than a mailing list for remote collaboration
between humans that share same interest for anything, not just software
development.

Of course a mail client that handles sane enough mailing lists helps a bit, but
at the end is always the self-descipline that matters. In this case the
group of people just SHOULD follow some very simple rules, by not abusing
netiqutte and common sense, if they really-really want fast and especially
(for me anyway this counts a lot) enjoyable production without much of noise
and wasted resources.

There is no way to know or prove it, but we have to wonder how much of this
gigantic open source development that happened in those two decades, we owe to
those humble mailing lists and this crazy-unbelievable huge bazaar of maniacs
which they help to produce.

In any case, if neither a mailing list or talking to the forest doesn't
help, then concentration and hearkenes of the vibrations is our next
bet. And though this looks as a joke (which it is), but also is a serious joke
which we can't simple categorize it as a plain (perhaps silly) joke. It isn't.
It just so ridicously crazy which quite frankly is not quite far from
to become a proved or improved (if you like) theorem of how the universe
expands and collaborates (which of course probably involves mechanics
and physics which they are out of my domain since I'm just a goat sepherd).

In any case I wish (though not that important) I could proved to you that
(per subject) "Mailing lists suck less" than any other known protocol, because
its the most primitive of all and is really important to this virtual reality
of the NOW, which is not that virtual (or virtuous if you prefer) but again
so real and hopefull (as never was again).

Sorry for the pollution.

> -Anselm

Best,
Ag.