[dev] A replacement for at.

From: Mattias Andrée <maandree_AT_kth.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 10:19:01 +0100

Hi!

I'm written an alternative to at, called sat (for simple
at): https://github.com/maandree/sat sat is incompatible
with at, but I have tried to make sure that a
compatibility-layer can be written.

sat is basically at without a lot of features that does not
need to be there. sat is also written to waste very little
memory when it is inactive — since it is almost always
inactive — fork–exec:s, libexec:s to do things when
something happens.

satd is an unprivileged daemon that is user-private, and
starts and exits automatically. The client programs (sat,
satq, satr, satrm) communicates with satd using a domain
socket. Unfortunately message queues (or bus:
https://github.com/maandree/bus) was a not a good option
because of unbounded message lengths.

satd is able to update online, and is able to recover its
job queue if its shuts down unexpectedly.

I have released sat under the terms of the MIT License,
in hope that it will be useful if you want to base your
at-implement of it.

Mattias Andrée