Re: [dev] [website] Project ideas page

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 21:34:51 +0100

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 21:28:43 +0100
Martti Kühne <mysatyre_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Martti,

> I'm awaiting the hour when you guys start sighing in despair over a
> gsoc fork of dwm that makes linux look like windows' dwm.exe because
> the hipsters were all about feature creep instead. Some others would
> argue that's what they signed up for on _AT_sl lists xD

I must honestly say that I'm not convinced a GSoC would be a good influx
of positive activity for suckless projects.
It takes a while for people to develop the right mindset and understand
the philosophy behind our work. Successfully finishing a GSoC student
programme would require a strict mentoring in the process.
Depending on who is the student, the first steps will be difficult.
Also, I am confident that people find suckless, and not the other way
around.

Cheers

FRIGN

--