Re: [dev] [ANNOUNCE] vis-0.1: first release of a vim-like editor

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 17:28:14 +0100

Hi Marc

I am enjoying vis a lot but the following missing functionality as
detrimental to my enjoyment...

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 07:09:26PM +0100, Markus Teich wrote:
> Marc André Tanner wrote:
> > Did you (or anyone else) try it? First impressions? Which features did you
> > miss the most?
>
> [...]
>
> - What about word/file/line completion in insert mode?

I would like that too. The infrastructure of an implementation could
potentially be used for code completion too (I know it's not very popular
around here though).

The command history buffer does not yet work correctly for me but I am
very glad to see the first version working for some cases already.

In addition to Markus' items I am missing the following.

- commandline file completion on TAB key hit (when using `:edit` for example)

- spell checking (using an external spell checker of course)

- ctags integration

Cheers,

Silvan