Re: [dev] [ANNOUNCE] vis-0.1: first release of a vim-like editor

From: Matthew of Boswell <mordervomubel+suckless_AT_lockmail.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 16:14:55 -0500

On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 14:16:37 +0100
Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org> wrote:

> > - I also miss C-a and C-x for dealing with numbers .. but that's just a
> > minor inconvenience right now
>
> These seem to be popular? I'm just using change or replace/overwrite for
> these use cases.

Haha, you wouldn't think such a minor "feature bloat" in vim would be
so often used. I do the same thing... I a little annoyed when I use
a vim emulator that doesn't have ctrl+a and ctrl+x support. It's
basically a handy basic calculator. I do addition/subtraction on large
numbers in code (handy when making adjustments and dealing with pixel
width/padding issues).

Example:
0x14
type: 8 C-a
answer: 0x1c

I actually sometimes want multiplication/division in vim, but I guess
addition+subtraction is enough feature creep for one editor ;).

--
Matt Boswell