Re: [dev] [ANNOUNCE] vis-0.1: first release of a vim-like editor

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 07:47:27 +0100

Heyho Marc,

Marc André Tanner wrote:
> > I don't know the best way to fix it, but it would
> > be possible to strip the newline from within the `cmd_set` function.
>
> I have taken this route for now. Should be fixed?

Yep, works.

> > Ah right, I see it's used for `~` now. Could you add this mapping to the
> > bindings_visual and bindings_visual_line in config.def.h?
>
> There were some other (slightly ugly) changes necessary, but it should now
> work as you want?

In visual line mode it still behaves a little strange. Shifting right seems to
work fine, but when shifting left, the selection is lost. In the character
visual mode it works for both directions.

> > > Yes I agree.
> >
> > This patch for vis-motions.c works for me:
>
> Thanks, some care must be taken with the integration into the search
> history though. I will take another look once I have more time ...

> The till/to changes are also committed.

Thanks. However there were still some corner cases with wrong behaviour, see my
other mail on hackers_AT_ for the patch.

--Markus