Re: [dev] [vis] text_line_end() in insert mode

From: Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 13:16:32 +0100

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 07:58:39AM +0100, Markus Teich wrote:
> Heyho Marc,
>
> something I don't seem to be able to figure out: When pressing the END key in
> insert mode, in vim the cursor moves after the last regular character in the
> current line, basically over the newline character, if you choose to display it.
> In vis however it does only move to the last regular character, like in normal
> mode. The text_line_end function called by the END-mapping seems to do the right
> thing. I'm lost, where the differentiation between normal mode (the cursor
> cannot move beyond the last regular character) and insert mode has to be done in
> this case.

The END-mapping was actually using text_line_lastchar not text_line_end.
I now added a new key action for text_line_end. The behaviour might
still be inconsistent (for example in vim's visual modes `$` seems
to behave like <End>) but at least it can now be configured via
config.def.h.

--
 Marc André Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: 10C93617