Re: [dev] [ANNOUNCE] spt-0.1

From: Pickfire <pickfire_AT_riseup.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 22:20:51 +0800

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 01:57:47PM +0100, v4hn wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 08:30:43AM +0800, Pickfire wrote:
>> Here is my first C program, a program that double your productivity by
>> using the Pomodoro Techniqueâ„¢:

Well, I should continue reading K&R now, I will still update it as some
practice. Thanks for trying out my first c program. You are the best.

>1. what do you do if you miss the notification because somebody distracted you?
>There's no feature to show you the remaining time / current phase on demand.

I am actually planning to do that now, I plan to:
1. Record when the timer start
2. Listen for the USR1 signal
3. Print the remaining time

>2. Is there a less sucking alternative to notify-osd? That project is
>horrifically complex for it's purpose... (and e.g. keeps bugging me
>because it can't contact a gnome screensaver service)

I haven't heard of notify-osd, I started spt because I found pomodoro
timer interesting and wanted to do some c practices.

Thanks for the feedback.

--
< Do what you like, like what you do. >