Re: [dev] [dwm] altera quartus ii qsys gui not showing

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 17:33:10 +0200

On Tue, 10 May 2016 11:55:46 -0300
Vitor Bandeira <vvbandeira_AT_inf.ufrgs.br> wrote:

Hey Vitor,

> This is a very specific problem, but I couldn't find a solution on my own.
> I use the Altera's Quartus II (v15.1) in my machine with Arch Linux x86_64
> (kernel 4.5.2.1).
> All other tools of Quartus II work normally, but when I open the Qsys tool a
> new window is open, but it stays blank.
> I tried with other window managers (i3, awesome, xfwm4) and in all these the
> GUI loads normally.
> Is this a limitation of DWM or a bug?

I have the same issue with Matlab, so I have to deploy the wmname-utility
(it's an in-house tool, should be in your package manager).
You can fool Java into displaying the GUI properly by passing the right
window manager name to it.
So for example, the window manager name LG3D is just fine, so before
starting Qsys you run
        $ wmname LG3D
in your shell and it should work.

Cheers