Re: [dev] Linux distros that don't suck too too much

From: Cág <caoc_AT_riseup.net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 19:56:13 +0300

It seems the thread moved into somewhat "what is good
and what is bad".

In my opinion ports system is good, unless you compile
something big, i.e. gcc, gtk, firefox, office packages
(probably TeX, too) should exist in binary form.

My "sane distributions" list includes: Alpine, CRUX,
Gentoo/Funtoo, Puppy, Slackware, Void plus BSDs - Free/Net/
Open/Dragonfly. Pkgsrc is probably the most sophisticated
package manager I've used.

Cág