Re: [dev] [slock] PAM support

From: Jan Christoph Ebersbach <jceb_AT_e-jc.de>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 22:38:00 +0200

On Mon 16-05-2016 11:54 -0700, Eric Pruitt wrote:

> I have a suggestion -- I think you should add another color option to
> the configuration. Since PAM configurations typically enforce a delay
> before you can reauthenticate after an incorrect password is entered,
> it would be nice if there was another color to indicate that slock is
> waiting for the PAM functions to return.

As far as my test go, only if the password was entered incorrectly, PAM
waits for a moment. In this case it would be nice to have a different
color that indicates that the password has been handed to PAM. However,
when the password is correct, PAM immediately returns. In this case,
the screen would quickly change colors. Not sure if this desirable.

Attached you find the patch that adds this feature. What do you think?

Jan Christoph
--
Jan Christoph Ebersbach
I didn’t want some petty, inferior brand of righteousness that comes