Re: [dev] Different versions of suckless libutf

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 19:43:00 +0200

On Tue, 31 May 2016 10:25:22 -0300
Marc Collin <marc.collin7_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Marc,

> Looking at libutf, I realised there are many versions?
> There's an outdated version on the suckless repo by cls[0].
> Thee's an up-to-date version on cls private github[1].
> There's a fork on sbase[2].
> Is there a reason for the fragmentation? Which is the prefered libutf version?

as a quick note, the sbase libutf is probably the most feature-rich one.
The version by cls suffers from multiple issues, even though it might
be the most recent.
I am currently working on a new libutf which is much simpler, much
more secure (de/encoder) and actually gets the grapheme handling right.
Stay tuned.

Cheers

FRIGN

--