Re: [dev] which versions are dwm patches intended to apply to cleanly?

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 16:20:52 +0200

On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 10:23:15 +0200
v4hn <me_AT_v4hn.de> wrote:

Hey v4hn,

> No. It indicates that individuals make use of some patches and contribute
> their changes to make a patch work with whatever git checkout they use.
>
> Threads such as this one only appear because people who are too lazy to
> update patch files they find flying around somewhere on their own and
> instead decide to waste everyones time by sending user-request-mails.
> This is not launchpad.

yeah, you nailed it. I spent considerable time updating the st-patches
over the last couple of months, and only few joined me in the "fight",
like Joshua Haase, David Phillips, Ivan Tham and Anders Larsson.

In certain respects, the st patches could use another update. Even
hunk-differences can break someday after more commits. Maybe I'll
work on a way to automate the process somewhat. :)

To everybody else: Stop painting pictures here on the ml and actually
help improve the patches. In the end, only the one who does something
gets to decide how it's done.

Cheers

FRIGN

--