Re: [dev] JIT & VM discussion

From: Ben Woolley <tautolog_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 20:49:24 -0700

If you don't want to use Lua, what about doing something more like CGI? Then you can just call the configuration program with what you want a dynamic answer for. You could then have a simple awk script parse your config file and answer queries to the host program.

I suggest this because I have observed that the suckless community doesn't like dynamic loading and doesn't like parsing. Just use awk's built-in parsing, and don't dynamic load. Just call a standard parser directly.

Or just use Lua or LuaJIT. I would just use Lua. But I have to say this about the crazy CGI thing: "Though I drew this conclusion, now it draws me."