Re: [dev] [discussion] Cooperation between terminal and graphical programs

From: Marc Collin <marc.collin7_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 09:45:26 -0300

Thanks for the link and to let me know about tabbed.
But correct me if I'm wrong, dwm's swallow patch is more general, is it not?
In the sense that any program opened from st will take over the terminal.
I've been using it since yesterday and I must say it's amazing.

As Henrique said, looking at Plan 9 really gives lots of great ideas.
I think software should break a little from mimicking only Unix and
start getting the ideas of other software from equally suckless
operating systems, like Plan 9 for example.

This simple feature made my workplace much cleaner. No more useless
windows floating around just because I opened a graphical
program from a terminal emulator.