Re: [dev] Just discovered dwm

From: Nick Warne <nick_AT_linicks.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 17:10:55 +0100

Hi Greg,

On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 11:27:40 -0400
Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu> wrote:

> Speaking of just discovering dwm, I started using it several months
> ago, and I have found that the systray patch for dwm [1] or the
> stalonetray program [2] are very useful for showing my volume
> control, dropbox status, and network icon.
>
> [1] http://dwm.suckless.org/patches/systray
> [2] http://stalonetray.sourceforge.net/

Thanks, may look at those sometime, but at the moment I control all
sound/brightness etc. through my own apci stuff via functions keys.
netwrok doesn't worry me either, Slackware just seems to work. If I do
need to change wireless, then a quick fire up into xfce4 will sort that
out.

One little thing I do miss though is scrolling with mouse wheel (or
using the pad side edge) to scroll a web page etc.

Is that doable?

Thanks

Nick
--
"Gosh that takes me back... or is it forward?  That's the trouble with
time travel, you never can tell."