Re: [dev] Suckless e-comerce script proposal

From: Kamil Cholewiński <harry666t_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 16:09:00 +0200

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016, Bobby Powers <bobbypowers_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you saying that doing wire transfers in Europe is common, or doing
> wire transfers to pay for online goods? I'm glad to hear it is less
> of a horrendous experience, but it still feels like a suck idea to
> make customers jump through an additional hoop on their own, and
> expect them to correctly (and without error) copy/paste the correct
> amount from the order confirmation into a bank transfer form. If you
> suggest writing a script to automate this: it is suck to suggest
> customers write software to uniquely interact with your web site.

In Poland, on most online shopping services, you click "pay with bank
transfer" at the checkout. Click the logo of your bank, get a redirect
to the bank's online transaction service, type in your user&pass, review
the transaction, get an SMS with one-time code to confirm it, and click
OK. It's marginally more complicated than typing the CC number and
infinitely more secure (MFA, one-time codes are all standard). Transfers
are instant, you usually get the goods the next day.

However it's very JS-heavy, which is the only part that really sucks.

<3,K.