Re: [dev] Suckless e-comerce script proposal

From: Kamil Cholewiński <harry666t_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 16:38:43 +0200

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016, Jochen Sprickerhof <dwm_AT_jochen.sprickerhof.de> wrote:
> I would never do that. Having lot's of JS fiddling around in my bank
> account sounds scary.

You're more-or-less without a choice if you want to do online banking.
Also safety in numbers. 99% of the cases of people getting pwned are
because they open random links and don't look at their fucking address
bar.

> Also, any TAN system (be it SMS or whatever) is broken by design (and
> there are reports for people exploiting it for all of them).

Yes, because a three digit code printed on the back of your CC, that
changes once in every 3-5 years, and that gets shared with three dozen
different vendors, is soooo muuuuch beeetteeer.

When I want to shop for stuff needed at $WORK, basically I can no longer
even look at Amazon, because we were getting CC frauds every few months.
10 years of dealing with my bank's crappy JS and SMS codes and I haven't
been robbed off a single grosz.

(Just my PLN 0.01)

<3,K.