Re: [dev] Just discovered dwm

From: Nick Warne <nick_AT_linicks.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 17:09:01 +0100

On 22 Sep 2016 09:51:00 +0100
Nick Warne <nick_AT_linicks.net> wrote:

> On Sep 22 2016, Cág wrote:
>
> >hiro wrote:
> >
> >> networkmanager should be removed first thing on any distribution
> >> slack doesn't sound so great if it includes some crap tbh.
> >
> >It has PulseAudio in the default installation. And KDE is
> >autoselected in the
> >installer.
> >
> >Cág
>
> I have none of that installed - just base Slackware.

Just got in from work and read the 14.2 release - pulseaudio? Bloody
hell. I still run 14.1, and that only has alsa and also KDE stuff is
only a singleton option on install - it can be deselected to not install
any of it (which I do).

I would say 14.2 follows the same logic. You don't have to install KDE
and pulseaduio crap - just deselect them.

Nick
--
"Gosh that takes me back... or is it forward?  That's the trouble with
time travel, you never can tell."