Re: [dev] slackware custom build

From: Nick Warne <nick_AT_linicks.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 20:21:13 +0100

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 15:06:07 -0400
stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a bit off topic and i wanted to avoid thread jacking another
> conversation.
>
> I see people here are using slackware, i was considering a script
> package management system that allows for easy modifications for a
> "micro distribution" the idea was to not host any of the actual source
> but do everything through scripts. I see slackware does host the
> source tar balls but they have a script inside that facilitates the
> install?

Try:

https://slackbuilds.org/

I use it a lot. But I also have a directory called 'progs' in my $HOME
that I install stuff in to keep the system clean ~ obviously you need
to supply path info when using it, but e.g. dwm, st, dillo, claws-mail
all live there.

Nick
--
"Gosh that takes me back... or is it forward?  That's the trouble with
time travel, you never can tell."