Re: [dev] Collecting sins of Apple

From: Ammar James <ammar.james_AT_alumni.stonybrook.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 18:55:18 -0500

I have never been able to have my Linux client access folders and files
shared under Mac OS X Samba server. Apple replaced Samba with SMBX,
their home-cooked application for Windows File Sharing. By default, it
also doesn't do much logging. If you want to review logs, you'll have to
edit the launchd item. What a pain.

-A.