[dev] [dwm] crash on xsetroot emoji character

From: Gaetan Bisson <bisson_AT_archlinux.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 00:09:42 -1000

Hi,

I'm running the latest git snapshot of dwm on Arch Linux. It crashes
(and the X server along with it) deterministically when I run:

        xsetroot -name $(printf '\xf0\x9f\xa4\x93')

That's an emoji character. It was in some Web page's title and got
picked up by my browser as window title, which got dwm to crash...

Given I'm not really sure what the best approach to fix this would be
(filter such characters out in gettextprop?) I thought I'd just report
this here. Let me know if there's any additional information I can
provide.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan