Re: [dev] mailto: and customi URIs in surf?

From: Jean Louis <bugs_AT_gnu.support>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 10:17:35 +0200

Hello Hiltjo,

Thank you for motivation. I am now using Lisp, Scheme, and I was using
Perl. And all for my private needs, mostly website revision system,
CRM and ERP, by using PostgreSQL and some rapid development
tools.

When I use Scheme or Lisp, I have some libraries and documentation, I
can start learning. With C, I don't know where to start. If I would
like to make a browser like surf, I would not know where to start
simply. I can learn commands, and language procedures, conditionals,
static or dynamic typing, learning is not the obstacle, but the source
of documentation.

Even I always wanted to learn C, in my country we did not have
documentation, so I did not know where to begin, and don't know it
even now.

How did you start learning C?

Jean