Re: [dev] [surf] Webkit2 with proxy server

From: <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2016 17:05:19 +0000

On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 11:11:56AM +0100, Laslo Hunhold wrote:
> > Anything else can be solved by finding your way into scraping the
> > website and building a proxy that sends you a very simplified version
> > of it at your w3m, links, lynx, dillo, mosaic or shell script.
> > It isn't easier and should be packed into a standard distribution,
> > but it isn't all that much of an enigma.

The problem _is_ the web devs.

I know some people are going to dislike this, but amazon does show the right way:
http://m.amazon.com

Shopping and payment, noscript from begining to end. Works nicely with lynx:
Fair Web.

Any critical www site (for instance online payment and bank account sites)
which does not provide similar portal should be sued for lack of interop. State
and administration related www sites should not even be allowed to exist
without such a www portal.

Regarding youtube: they should provide a noscript portal. They just need to put
their dash manifest in the <video> and/or <audio> markup. With the proper mime
type we'll pass it to a player able to deal with the dash manifest (just need
to keep dash manifest complexity and stability in check). If you read their
condition of usage: YOU MUST USE THE JAVASCRIPT PLAYER TO PLAY VIDEO. (we know
the code is obfuscated on purpose for DRM...). I guess they can be sued on this
for lack of interop.

--
Sylvain