Re: [dev] [libsl] crashes when redering emojis

From: Sören Tempel <soeren_AT_soeren-tempel.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 11:05:35 +0100

On 18.01.17, Hiltjo Posthuma wrote:
> I cannot reproduce this issue, but it has been reported before.

Are you sure that you have a font installed which supports emojis? If
so: Which one? Besides: What happens if you perform the steps I outlined
in my bug report? Is the emoji rendered properly and what emoji did you
use?

On 18.01.17, Hiltjo Posthuma wrote:
> Do you use the latest git version for dmenu?

I can reproduce this with the lastet git version
(5cd66e2c6ca6a82e59927d495498fa6e478594d6) and the latest stable release
(4.6).

On 18.01.17, Hiltjo Posthuma wrote:
> Do you have any custom patches or changes applied?

I don't.

On 18.01.17, Hiltjo Posthuma wrote:
> What OS / distro and library versions do you use?

I can reproduce this issue under Alpine Linux and Arch Linux. I didn't
test any other operating systems. Under Alpine Linux I am using libx11
1.6.4, xinerama 1.1.3 and libxft 2.3.2.

On 18.01.17, Hiltjo Posthuma wrote:
> Can you provide your config.h, font configuration files and command you used
> to generate the text?

I don't use a custom config.h and I don't have any custom font
configuration files either. I just use the default config files
installed by fontconfig 2.12.1.

Sören.