Re: [dev] Re: st: Use after free

From: Martin Kühne <mysatyre_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 18:34:51 +0100

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 5:48 PM, Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu> wrote:
> Personally I think it is despicable and anti-progress to discourage bug
> reports.

I specifically asked to make sure it's a bug in st, which I didn't
write. And I no longer have all day to solve any problem that crosses
my path for anyone. Vague hints, even if they would turn out to reveal
an actual issue are counter productive because they mean potentially
many tiring debugging sessions for helpers. And, so I would like to
overstate, help send a project's contributors on ghost hunts,
effectively barring them from doing actual work. Let me not waste more
of your free time, though. https://xkcd.com/583/

cheers!
mar77i