Re: [dev] looking for a simple music player

From: Snobb <snobb_AT_gmx.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 12:03:53 +0000

Well, then you cannot go wrong with mplayer/mpv really.

I use mpv a lot as well and use cmus for mp3 only. It has a good interface,
but the only real benefit from cmus that it can be controlled via unix socket
(cmus-remote). I have shortcuts configured in the dwm to [pause / next /
prev / volume up|down], and cmus-remote is perfect for this soft of things. It
is, arguably, simpler then mpd and yet can still be controlled from dwm, which
ticks all checkboxes for me.