Re: [dev] [slock] 1.4 no longer working on freebsd with ldap/kerberos

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 22:49:51 +0200

Andrew Cobaugh wrote:
> I'm actually having a hard time bisecting, because even vanilla 1.3 fails to
> work correctly. The screen locks, but then it doesn't accept my password.
>
> There is this patch in the ports tree which is necessary to make 1.3 work for
> me, but it doesn't seem to apply cleanly much after 1.3. Perhaps that's a
> clue?
>
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/x11/slock/files/patch-slock.c?view=markup&pathrev=434733

Heyho Andrew,

If the PAM patch is not part of your distributions 1.4 release and your
authentication system needs PAM (which I assume), you can try the latest PAM
patch from the wiki: http://tools.suckless.org/slock/patches/pam_auth .

If this solves your problem, you can follow up with your maintainer and ask him
to integrate this patch to the ports tree as it was done for 1.3.

--Markus