Re: Re: [dev] oasis: small linux system inspired by stali

From: Pickfire <pickfire_AT_riseup.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 01:48:35 +0800

Kamil CholewiƄski <harry666t_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> > I think it might have been possible to use some other build tool to
> > achieve something similar, but I don't think it would have worked out
> > as well.
>
> http://gittup.org/tup/ ?

I did a benchmark against tup, make, mk, ninja back then.
What I learn:

- make is the fastest
- ninja needs to be run twice
- tup is slowest (probably didn't use monitor) but easy to write
- mk is slightly slower than make

Still gnumake is the most used, fast as well.
I see tup as a good build system but not used by many.