Re: [dev] surf+tabbed and session management

From: Ben Woolley <tautolog_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 13:37:58 -0700

Hi,

I went a bit further. Each window/tab should be locked to an origin,
and it should have an origin-private browser profile, and process
isolation.

I already produced a proof of concept using surf for webkit1, but
webkit2 doesn't have the necessary navigation hooks in its API.
https://github.com/legitparty/surf-isolated

I haven't touched it in some time, but it is more of a proof of
concept. The documentation is only in my commit messages, and some
prior mailing list posts here which summarize. I am mostly now putting
my faith in Mozilla and their partnership with Tor, and their tab
isolation they are working on. My proposal is far more strict, and has
a bit more user friction, so maybe Mozilla can come up with a model
that is less friction, and other browsers can adopt what they get
working.

But seeing how I did it could give you ideas on how to do what you two
have been talking about.

Ben