Re: [dev] [ii] changes and maintainership

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 12:48:00 +0200

On Fri, 2 Jun 2017 09:59:01 +0200
Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo_AT_codemadness.org> wrote:

Hey Hiltjo,

> I've pushed changes from my ii branch to suckless master.
>
> The changes have been used for more than a year by a few people and
> me.
>
> See the CHANGES file in the repo for most of the changes made.
> Send a patch if you find any issues.

it's great you merged these changes, there are very important changes
among them. The way it has been committed was not ideal, but I'm sure
it is better than procrastinating a proper merge longer and longer.

We had the thread "[ii] [GIGA-patchset] Hiltjo-branch" on
hackers_AT_ where I merged those patches manually, which was a lot of
work, so I see where this comes from.
Since May 2016, there have also been probably more changes to ii which
would have required more manual merging work.

> This means I'm now the maintainer for ii.

It's great you take on this task! Very nice work!

With best regards

Laslo Hunhold

--
Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>