Re: [dev] [dwm] My patch

From: Chris Down <chris_AT_chrisdown.name>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 19:40:31 +0100

Hi Kristaps,

Firstly, please keep discussions about a single patch in one thread if
possible, right now we have 3(!) different threads just about this one patch.

Kristaps Civkulis writes:
>Recently I sent a patch
>http://lists.suckless.org/hackers/1706/15108.html and didn't get any
>response. Is there something wrong with my patch or patch/email
>format?

Personally, I think this behaviour is undesirable since it precludes setting up
nmaster in advance on the fly. I suspect the lack of response is due to similar
thoughts -- this is a behaviour change, not a straight up improvement.

Feel free to submit it to the patches page, though.

>I also noticed that all the other emails in hackers mailing list are
>from git AT suckless.org. I sent it with git send-email just as
>described in suckless.org/community. Should I send it somehow
>differently? Or did I make a mistake somewhere?

These are descriptions of commits entering the repository, which also go to
hackers_AT_.

Thanks,

Chris