Re: [dev] git://git.suckless.org not accepting connections

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 11:21:49 +0200

On Tue, 4 Jul 2017 10:12:45 +0200
Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo_AT_codemadness.org> wrote:

Hey Hiltjo,

> Maybe we should only allow SSH for private repos and git:// for the
> public ones (sites). This is also more efficient.
>
> What do you think?

I assume you mean that we only allow git:// for read-only cloning of
the repos and ssh:// for push-access. In this case, I'd agree with you!
The git://-protocol is much more efficient than cloning via http://,
however, to keep the perspective complete, some firewalls block git://.
This is a minor issue in my opinion, though.

Before we do that, we will have to change all the links on suckless.org
accordingly.

With best regards

Laslo

--