Re: [dev] [st] mouse usage, right click to plumb selection

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 14:55:29 +0200

Hi

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Jérôme Andrieux
<jerome_AT_jardinmagique.info> wrote:
> TLDR: I use the mouse button3 to plumb the current selection in st,
> how would you feel about making this patch a core feature?

I like the idea but it should only be part of the core if enough
people want it to be which I doubt. Having it as a patch is good
enough for me.

> For those unfamiliar with plan9/acme, "right click to plumb" means
> "right click in your terminal to send its current text selection to
> some plumbing script": open a PDF with zathura, jump to
> path/file:line:cal in your editor, launch browser at URL ...
> acme packs together a lot of features, being a "window manager", a
> shell and an editor at the same time, and integrating with the
> surrounding system via its plumber and its 9pfs system. It can get
> quite addictive integration-wise but also quite frustrating when you
> are used to vi, non-dumb terminals and generic tiling window managers.
> mpu has even written its own acme/vi hybrid editor.

Are you using the plumber from plan9 from user space or do you use
something home-grown? Care to share?

Cheers,

Silvan