Re: [dev] [st] mouse usage, right click to plumb selection

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 17:17:21 +0200

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Jérôme Andrieux
<jerome_AT_jardinmagique.info> wrote:
>> I like the idea but it should only be part of the core if enough
>> people want it to be which I doubt. Having it as a patch is good
>> enough for me.
>
> Everything is good then, patch is online and discussion is starting.

yepp

>> Are you using the plumber from plan9 from user space or do you use
>> something home-grown? Care to share?
>
> Both actually but I have been working on it yesterday.
>
> I use plumb within acme and a set of shell script elsewhere, with a
> plumb fallback.
> What I really need is a decent editor wrapper and everything could go
> through plumber, even if I don't quite like its declarative rules
> syntax.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing the script! Using `file` to get the
mime-type is an interesting idea.

> My main workflow is to send some `path/file:line:col` (those would
> hopefully be sam expressions) to vim via `vim --remote` and
> https://github.com/kopischke/vim-fetch.
> I'm trying https://github.com/martanne/vis lately, but boy, habits die hard.

Yeah, I know the problem... I am trying to get into the habit of using
vis more often so I set it to be my mail editor for mutt. Still not
used to it...

Cheers,

Silvan