Re: [dev] [st] mouse usage, right click to plumb selection

From: Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo_AT_codemadness.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 20:41:45 +0200

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 06:08:46PM +0200, Jérôme Andrieux wrote:

> >> I like the idea but it should only be part of the core if enough
> >> people want it to be which I doubt. Having it as a patch is good
> >> enough for me.
> >>

> > It is already possible with minor changes in the config.h using the
> > clipboard selection for example. Adding a specific plumber solution
> > might be outside the scope of st maybe.
> > But keep sharing these ideas :)
>
> Please share what you think about when you say "already possible with
> minor changes in config.h", I'm interested :)

Just adding a (plumb) hotkey and a plumb script which interacts with the
clipboard selection. For me it is capslock (bound to F13). The script uses
sselp and some grep patterns.

Then it works like this: select text using the mouse/keyboard. Then press the
plumb key.

Ofcourse you can make it as fancy as you want it to be. For me this works well
enough.

--
Kind regards,
Hiltjo