Re: [dev] Can I build stali with another libc?

From: Cág <ca6c_AT_bitmessage.ch>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 20:21:12 +0000

k.suzaki wrote:

> I want to know why another libc is bad (or good?) to build stali.
> I guess it resembles to Harden Gentoo which allows to build uclib and musl.
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_uClibc
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_musl

Please see the comparison: http://www.etalabs.net/compare_libcs.html
It is relatively old but you can get the idea.

Alpine Linux back in the day switched to musl from uClibc, see the thread here:
http://lists.alpinelinux.org/alpine-devel/3600.html

musl is also specifically designed for static linking and has partial binary
compatibility with glibc. Using glibc with stali is, at the very least, not
clever.

https://www.musl-libc.org/intro.html

--
caóc