Re: [dev] suckless too to minify CSS, JS and html

From: Peter Nagy <petern_AT_riseup.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 06:34:49 +0000

The distinction isn't that clear though, e.g. many scripting languages can byte compile the sources. And the "no obvious reasons" is as usual speed, be it runtime or network. An OSS website can still publish the real, readable sources with steps how to use it, just like compiled languages do. I wouldn't be so quick with the categorization. Compiling is a type of preprocessing step and many other languages have other such steps.

I still loathe js though.
--
Peter Nagy
 - To reach a goal one has to enjoy the journey